Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner Powder is an integral part of the daily maintenance routine for espresso machines. Specifically formulated for effective use in the back flush cleaning process, Cafiza is designed to combine maximum solubility and cleaning power with easy rinsability. Cafiza is recommended for use with a wide range of traditional espresso machines, and is NSF certified for metal compatibility and safety.
- Concentrated formula eliminates residue in group heads, valves and machine lines.
- Integral to the daily back flush regimen.
- Foam and solubility balanced for optimal rinsing.
- NSF certified for metal compatibility and safety and OMRI listed for use in organic production.
Directions for Use:
Commercial Espresso Machines
Back Flush (each group head):
- Insert blind filter in portafilter and add up to 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) of Cafiza powder. Insert portafilter into group head.
- Activate brew cycle for 10 seconds. Stop 10 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
- Remove portafilter. Activate brew cycle and rinse portafilter in stream of water from group head. Stop cycle.
- Insert portafilter into group head. Repeat step (2) without Cafiza powder 5 times.
- Make and discard a cup of espresso to ensure no residue remains.
- Soak filters and metal of portafilter for 30 minutes in 1 teaspoon (6 g) of Cafiza powder per 32 oz. (1 L) of hot water. Rinse with clean hot water.
- Empty coffee from equipment. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon (3g) of Cafiza powder per 64 oz. (2 L) of brewer capacity, directly into brew basket.
- Run a full brew cycle into each vessel and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Empty each vessel and rinse all parts with clean hot water.
1) Wet cloth with Cafiza powder solution and wipe down spray heads, then wipe clean.
2) Do not use Cafiza on aluminum espresso parts, such as aluminum stovetop espresso Moka pots.
3) Use Cleancaf (available for sale in Espresso Cleaning Supplies collection) rather than Cafiza products if you want to run cleaner through the tanks of most home espresso machines.
Instructions for Use On Coffee Roasting Equipment:
Roasted Coffee Storage Bins: Mix a ratio of 50 parts hot water to 1 part Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner Powder in a large sink or laundry tub. Dip storage containers for several minutes, open and close any lids or dispensing mechanisms. Remove from cleaning solution and dip in tub of clean water. Use running water for final rinse. Air-dry or wipe with cloth.
Removable Coffee Roaster Parts: Mix a ratio of 30 parts hot water to 1 part Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner. Remove any parts from your roaster that can be cleaned by dipping or soaking. Mix hot water and Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner in a large sink or laundry tub. Let roaster parts soak for several minutes. Rinse in tub of clean water. Use running water for final rinse. Dry and inspect all parts.
Non-Removable Coffee Roaster Parts: Mix four tablespoons of Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner to 1 quart of hot water in a spray bottle. Mist parts heavily with solution, and wipe clean. Some parts may require more than one application.
Bagging equipment: Mix four tablespoons of Cafiza Espresso Machine Cleaner to 1 quart of hot water in a spray bottle. Mist hoppers, spouts, and any coffee contact surfaces thoroughly with solution. Wipe surfaces clean with sponge. Keep sponge clean by rinsing periodically in clean water.
Always follow manufacturer's cleaning and disassembly instructions. All mix ratios may be modified if a stronger solution is desired. For comfort and safety use rubber gloves and eye protection.